Sunday, July 18, 2010

5-Minute Sweetened Whipped Cream



Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1-1/2 cups

This whipped cream recipe is not only quick but lots of fun, too. Each time you stir in a tablespoon of sugar, you get to taste the cream. For those of us who are blessed with a sweet tooth, the sampling can go on for quite a while - and we love it!

Ingredients:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 to 3 tablespoons powdered sugar

With an electric hand mixer and in a 3-cup mixing bowl, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.

Gradually add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time, tasting after each addition. When the whipped cream reaches desired sweetness, do not add any more sugar.

Use whipped cream to garnish desserts such pastries, cakes, pies, ice cream and sorbet. It can also be enjoyed as a dip or garnish for cookies or biscotti.

Note: If using a stand mixer fitted with its own bowl, let the machine do the work!

Text and Photographs © Nancy Real 2010

4 comments:

  1. What are those confetti cookies in the background...those look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are ready made cookies, Jen. I love their colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of sweetened cream - it accentuates the flavour. I find plain cream can be bland

    PS. I'll try to put something on the site allowing you to follow. I'm not very techy either!

    ReplyDelete