Monday, July 2, 2012

July 4th Sorbet with Balsamic Cream®

Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 4


We're celebrating Independence Day on Wednesday, July 4th. It's so nice to have a break from work mid-week. And I mean ALL WORK, including the kitchen.


Along that line, I thought I'd end my holiday cookout by scooping some sorbet or ice cream onto a plate, adding a drizzle of Balsamic Cream®, followed by a garnish of berries. That's as hard as I'll work for this July 4th Sorbet with Balsamic Cream® recipe.


Enjoy and stay safe!


Ingredients:
One pint raspberry sorbet (vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt can be substituted)
Balsamic Cream® (also known as Crema di Balsamico®)*
Strawberries, for garnish
Blueberries, for garnish
8 sprigs mint leaves, for garnish (optional)


Place a scoop of sorbet on each of 4 individual bowls or dessert plates.


Add a drizzle of Balsamic Cream® and garnish with strawberries, blueberries and mint leaves.


Serve immediately.


*Balsamic Cream® can be purchased at Wholefoods Stores® or online at Amazon.com®.
Text and Photograph ©2012 Nancy Real

No comments:

Post a Comment