Last month, on Mother's Day, my family treated me to Sunday Brunch at Frida's Mexican Cuisine in Westwood (close to UCLA).
As soon I entered the restaurant, an invisible magnet pulled me into the tostada bar - my favorite place to start chowing down. Now, these tostadas are not piled a mile high with lettuce. Instead, you make them yourself with gourmet items such as Shrimp Ceviche.
Outside, I found the friendliest chef preparing grilled goodies. You name it and it was there: BBQ ribs, carnitas (pork), carne asada (this is grilled steak), grilled chicken adobado - this is chicken that's been marinated in adobo (mild chile) sauce.
To that, I added pozole and more ...
I was still hungry and went to the hot buffet indoors where I picked up some nopales (cactus salad), plantains and more ceviche with crisp, light tostada shells.
Throughout our enjoyment of this gourmet feast, the Mariachi band serenaded us with beautiful songs. They don't mind if you don't pay attention and prefer texting - that's the trend these days, anyway.
Are you ready for the best part of the meal? You got it - DESSERT! I started with the Tres Leches Cake ...
... and then, feeling so guilty, I did an about-face and got some fresh fruit.
But then, my son told me about the chocolate fountain and the churros. I felt myself turning into a dessert-starved beast and immediately ran to the churros.
Finally, my weakness for gourmet Mexican food reveals my true colors.
All joking aside, if you haven't been to Frida's yet, make your reservations now for Father's Day - you won't regret it! In my opinion, you won't find a more gourmet Mexican restaurant in L.A.'s Westside.
Frida's Mexican Cuisine
10853 S. Lindbrook Drive
Los Angeles, CA. 90024
No comments:
Post a Comment